Translate

Saturday, June 9, 2012

So long, friends

                                    
A year ago I made a vow
For 366 poems to endow  
I've reached my goal now      
So today I take a final bow

I see you when you're here
All visitors I hold very dear
Most came from good USA
Fans logged in from Russia

Next were surfers of India
Few logged on in Germany
Visitors came from the U.K.
My own folks from Nigeria

Poets too in the Netherlands
Many from our South Africa
Fine nations of Latin America
Thousands more in other lands

Yes, daily, right here I saw you
So, daily you inspired me anew
The journey was undiluted  fun
Oh, it's fun under the poetry sun


Though I cannot see your face
For a year you graced my space
Thanks to you my dream is true
Adieu, I give these poems to you
C.U.
June 9, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment