Translate

Monday, August 1, 2011

My Wayward Imagination

One day I imagined that Miss Africa was mine
For seven hours and twenty five minutes mine
But when I woke up, knowledge slapped my face
And I discovered that imagination is a disgrace

Then I imagined my high school love was still mine
Still mine, after years of separation, still mine
When I woke up, knowledge kicked me in the head
And I discovered that imagination is a knucklehead

Then my bills I imagined were no longer mine
No longer would I fear my landlord, that swine
When I woke up, knowledge poked in my eyes
And I discovered that imagination is not wise

Then I imagined the entire world were mine
And that I did nothing but dine and wine
When I woke up, knowledge gave me a slap
And I discovered that imagination is a lot of crap

Miss Africa will never be mine by imagination alone
My sweetheart from Old High is married and gone
My bills, oh bills, will always laugh at my rumination
And if the world is mine, why do I need imagination?

No comments:

Post a Comment